Sunday 18 January 2015

T minus 7 days

So I'm laid here in bed after a crazy weekend celebrating my leaving (ironic huh) thinking about how this time next week will be the last sleep I have in this bed for the foreseeable future. I would never have been able to predict this rollercoaster of emotions that I've been on and right now I'm slowly taking the ascent to the top, ready to career down into the most exhilarating experience of my life.

Not a seconds thought was given way back 11 months ago when I decided that this was to be the next chapter of my life and about how I would feel a week before we leave. I can never pinpoint the word to describe this mix of emotions running round my head; from one day to another it can change so drastically, likewise the answer I can give people when they ask how I'm feeling. Excited, nervous, scared, overwhelmed, curious, hesitant, crazy, ready... These words all describe some part of how I feel. It is as if they are ingredients to a recipe that's not quite finished yet.

Maybe come 20:05 on Monday 26th of January 2015 I will finally finish the recipe and find that word...

No comments:

Post a Comment